Manufacturing Day 2020: NC Makers Lead the Way
by Think Currituck, on 10/2/20 10:58 AM
Today is Manufacturing Day (aka MFG Day).
MFG Day is a flagship initiative of The Manufacturing Institute, the 501(c)3 nonprofit workforce development and education partner of the National Association of Manufacturers.
According to the Manufacturing Institute, "MFG Day showcases the reality of modern manufacturing careers and addresses the skills gap that is leaving more than 2.4 million American jobs unfilled by 2028. This skills gap is in part due to a lack of awareness of the incredible career pathways in manufacturing, and the NAM, the MI and manufacturers across the country are addressing this issue proactively with MFG Day."
As states observe Manufacturing Day across America and North Carolina has plenty to celebrate (and be proud of)...
- North Carolina is the seventh largest manufacturing economy in the United States
- NC manufacturers contribute $100.1 billion to our gross domestic product
- For every $1.00 spent in manufacturing, $1.82 is generated for North Carolina’s economy
- In 2019, 95% of North Carolina’s $32.8 billion exports were manufactured goods spanning pharmaceuticals, aircraft and automotive components, chemicals and transportation equipment
- With more than 9,600 new jobs and investments totaling $3.58 billion, 69% of economic development projects announced in 2019 were manufacturing projects
- In 2019, there were an average of 473,000 manufacturing employees in North Carolina, with an average annual compensation of $72,391.46 in 2018
LEARN MORE ABOUT MANUFACTURING IN NC
Manufactured in North Carolina
2020 North Carolina Manufacturing Facts | NAM
READ MORE ABOUT MANUFACTURING IN NC
North Carolina Manufacturing: Top 5 Business Resources
Closing the Manufacturing Skills Gap in Currituck County
Built to Last: Recycled Furniture Company Ready for the Future